Term Contract Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Work Schedule: Availability 7:00am-5:00pm
Vacation: 3 weeks paid vacation during daycare closures
Apply by: June 1, 2023
Bamoonzhe Day Care is a new daycare that opened April 3, 2023 in Petawawa. We are partnering with the Bonnechere Algonquin First Nation to provide childcare attached to the Herman St School. We are looking for highly motivated Registered Early Childhood Educators to inspire and be part of this new and innovative daycare centre. Our goal is to provide childcare for the county and to share our indigenous teachings.
The Registered Early Childhood Educator is responsible for the delivery of core program services including but not limited to:
- Develop and implement a best practice program, in line with “How Does Learning Happen” that supports and promotes the four foundations: well-being, engagement, expression, and belonging.
- Plan and implement activities that follow children’s developmental needs.
- Plan a curriculum by implementing Indigenous teachings that include the Seven Grandfathers: Honesty, Humility, Respect, Bravery, Wisdom, Love, and Truth.
- Support children through each domain of development; physical, cognitive, emotional, and social development.
- Create and maintain a high-quality safe environment that protects the health, security, and well-being of children.
- Observe and document children’s developmental milestones, interests, and needs.
- Promote open communication with staff and families regarding development and interests.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Support children in the development of their self-help skills and independence.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers, management, and families.
- Attend staff meetings and professional development opportunities as required.
- Work in partnership to maintain cleanliness and organization of classroom materials and centre.
- Keep up to date with daily requirements, observations, ministry regulated documents, ELECT learning stories.
- Work in collaboratively with a large team.
- Assisting supervisor in daily operations.
- Registered Early Childhood Educator – must be a member in good standing with the Ontario College of ECE
- First Aid and CPR level C
- Current Criminal Reference Check
- Knowledge of the How Does Learning Happen and Early Learning for Every Child Today documents.
- Knowledge and understand on Pedagogical Documentation
- Knowledge of the Child Care and Early Years Act
- Flexibility within a busy daycare setting
- Availability to work flexible shifts
- 3-5 years working in the childcare field.
If you feel you would be a good fit, please respond with your Cover letter and resume with attention to:
Bamoonzhe Daycare Supervisor
Please send your resume in MS Word or PDF format.
Apply by: June 1, 2023
We thank all those who apply, but only those selected will be contacted for an interview.