COMPETITION NUMBER C22-23-CE-26
Hourly Teachers – Web and Desktop Programming – Work Term (Summer 2023)
The College is seeking hourly paid professors to join a dynamic team to teach credited courses within Continuing Education in the Summer of 2023.
420-Z11-HR Work Team (student placement begins June 15th, 2023)
This course introduces students to the reality of the new work relationship during a 375-hour placement in an organization outside the College. Students will continue to learn and practice the new knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Contract is to do virtual or on-site visits, follow-up with employers as needed to ensure a positive work placement experience for both employers and students, resolve issues if any arise, and to grade the student. A course outline is also required. There is a potential of 8 students, at 5 hours per student, for a total of 40 hours if all students find placement.
325 boul. de la Cité-des-Jeunes, Gatineau, Quebec, Canada, J8Y6T3
SALARY RANGE (PER HOUR)
81.93$ – 120.53$
In a general way, the professor’s teaching load shall include: preparation of course outline; preparation of classes, labs and fieldwork; teaching classes; adaptation; support and supervision of students; preparation, invigilation and correction of examinations; revision of corrections at the students’ request and other activities when required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and/or a combination of other relevant diplomas or certifications in a related field, and a combination of industry experience related to the courses being taught.
- To have some teaching experience would be considered an asset.
- Create a dynamic, challenging, and motivated learning environment.
- Adapt to a variety of needs and provide appropriate online support.
- Utilize excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of subject matter through academic or non-academic experiences.
- Apply theoretical concepts to current workplace needs and skill requirements.
- Must be flexible as required.
- Must be willing to work collaboratively within Continuing Education.
Interested candidates should submit their résumé, along with appropriate documentation ONLINE on our college website in the career page at https://www.cegep-heritage.qc.ca/about-us/careers
Click on the job posting, then click on “APPLY”. You will be able to create an account and upload your resume and cover letter.
Please note that only online applications will be considered.
N.B.: Candidates will be required to submit to selection tests. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
From 2023-03-29 08:00 to 2023-04-16 23:45
Cégep Heritage College is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women, Indigenous peoples, members.