Real Estate Intern (Junior Project Coordinator)
(Contract position – minimum 12 weeks)
Location: Ottawa, ON (hybrid work model)
Department: Real Estate
Compensation: $20.00-25.00 per hour
Reporting Structure: Director, Real Estate (National Capital Region)
PURPOSE OF ROLE
Under the direction of the Director, Real Estate (National Capital Region), the Junior Project Coordinator provides support to the team and associated development projects across the National Capital Region, including Wateridge Village and 299 Carling Avenue where partnerships with the Algonquins of Ontario exists, as well as with other Canada Lands projects like Booth Street and the PSPC Collaboration sites. The Junior Project Coordinator contribute by researching, analyzing, coordinating and processing project inputs and information to maintain project momentum. The successful candidate will gain valuable hands-on experience and tools to support their future career in the Real Estate industry.
- Supports planning, servicing, and project initiatives.
- Organizes and attends meetings with internal and external stakeholders.
- Communicates with external multidisciplinary team members to achieve project objectives.
- Assists in managing external consultant deliverables.
- Conducts site visits.
- Assists in the preparation of briefs and technical documentation.
- Researches and collects information, inputs and material.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Member of one of the ten Algonquins of Ontario communities. who has completed or is enrolled in a post-secondary (college or university) program.
- Experience in client relations, customer service, and basic public relations required.
- Proficiency with the use of standard office software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
- Bilingualism considered an asset, but not required.
To express your interest in the role please submit your application by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is open to members of the ten Algonquins of Ontario communities. We ask that you please identify which Algonquin community you are connected to in your email to us. Canada Lands Company is flexible with the duration of the term (minimum 12 week commitment) and is willing to consider part-time or full-time hours based on candidate’s availability. We thank all applicants for participating in the selection process. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.