The Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry Enforcement Branch is looking for motivated individuals to apply their passion for the outdoors, natural resources protection and ensuring public safety to fill the role of Conservation Officer. If you’re a service-focused and team-oriented professional who is eager to advance your career in natural resource conservation, consider joining our team! They will be looking to fill 25 positions from the talent pool over the next 18 months.
The Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry oversees the Province’s natural resources and works to safeguard Ontario’s forests, fisheries, wildlife, mineral aggregates, Crown lands and waters. We are committed to protecting and managing these natural resources for present and future generations of Ontarians. For the job specification please click here.
Salary: $34.24 – $39.28/hr *Indicates the salary listed as per the OPSEU Collective Agreement*
Conservation Officer positions exist all across Ontario. This competition will be used to create an eligibility list of qualified candidates to fill upcoming permanent and temporary vacancies that may arise within the next eighteen months following the closing date of the job ad posting, in any of the following locations:
Northeast Region: Bracebridge, Blind River, Chapleau, Cochrane, Espanola, Gogama, Hearst, Kapuskasing, Kirkland Lake, Mindemoya, New Liskeard, North Bay, Parry Sound, Sault Ste. Marie, South Porcupine, Sudbury, Wawa
Northwest Region: Atikokan, Dryden, Fort Frances, Geraldton, Ignace, Kenora, Nipigon, Red Lake, Sioux Lookout, Terrace Bay, Thunder Bay
Southern Region: Aurora, Aylmer, Bancroft, Belleville, Chatham, Clinton, Cornwall, Guelph, Kemptville, Kingston, Midhurst, Minden, Owen Sound, Perth, Pembroke, Peterborough, Picton, Vineland, Wheatley
What can I expect to do in this role?
As a member of our enforcement team, you will participate in the delivery of a multi-service integrated compliance program by:
- conducting investigations, gathering evidence, completing legal documents, acting as an agent on behalf of the Crown for court prosecutions, and providing testimony in court;
- participating in undercover and special investigations and conducting regular audits/inspections of resource users, licence issuers, commercial operators (e.g. trappers, aggregates companies), identifying, investigating, and reporting on instances of non-compliance (e.g. use of illegal fish nets), apprehending violators (e.g. night hunters and/or careless hunters), and laying charges as appropriate;
- providing education and information related to natural resource management and protection to various client groups.
Note that the positions will require the incumbents to:
- work shifts, weekends and holidays
- travel for extended periods of time
- work in remote and isolated locations
To view the full job description and how to apply please click here.
Application Deadline May 24, 2021 11:59 PM EDT Late applications will not be accepted.
For more information, please click here.