Some Teachings About Indigenous People on Turtle Island by Lynn Hanley
Greater Golden Lake First Nations
- The history of the Treaties and how we are all treaty people.
- Smoke signals – Early forms of communication from petroglyphs and totems to talking sticks
- Early game hunting maps and pictures of North American Indigenous people
- Some interesting early archaeology in the Ottawa Valley
- The Very Old and Famous James Bay Goose Hunt
- Early game maps from North America – How our indigenous people kept track of the wild game populations
- Edward Curtis (1868-1952) A collection of very old photos of indigenous North Americans. Curtis believed that indigenous people were going to disappear altogether so he spent over 20 years travelling across the US and Canada taking photos of the indigenous people including the Algonquin tribes.
These teaching are done via zoom conference call. if you are interested in learning more please contact Paul Laderoute at firstname.lastname@example.org